View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Default Future of our collections

Posted By: peter ullman

I'm 39...and have fond memories of going to teaneck, nj on occasional sat nights with my family...I'd buy baseball cards, comic books, and we'd get ice cream at bischoff's and rye bread and onion flats at butterflakes. I'd trade with my friends and others...but it was mostly modern stuff...I mostly collected 50's - current with a smattering of pre WWII. Price guides were relatively new...and I always bought the completed sets and just got packs for fun.

I never was so concerned about condition...but I liked nice, presentable cards. The hobby was in it's early adulthood and cards were dirt cheap...by today's standards...but more money than I had. My collection, while meager, is one of my most prized possessions. Baseball has always been one of my true loves, and while I have left it at times in my life...I always go back because it is the greatest game ever played and it's history is rich and long...and my cards are my little escape, my window to it's past!

My cards will die with me...we will both be cremated and placed in one of my Warren Mackenzie jars. Maybe this one...on the right...I think it's big enough!

Photobucket