Thread: BCCG question
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 11:36 AM
Tony Ooten

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGallo View Post
That being said why bother unless it is something specific you can't get any other way or a auto that has a JSA with it, I am not sure why you would buy a BSSG slab.
I expect cards in BCCG would sell for less than PSA, SGC, or BVG......so, If I subscribe to "buy the card, not the holder" I'm thinking I may get a better deal on a card in a BCCG slab. If there is some added security that an altered or fake card would be likely caught by the same tests as PSA, SGC, or BVG, then all the better.

Edit to add: I didn't want to push this thread to the top since the majority of the posts has to do with a misunderstanding.... , but incase anyone reads the thread later, I want to point out that after what I learned from Leon about BCCG no longer grading post war by rule, I realize this thread doesn't belong in the main forum!

I ebay searched BCCG and narrowed to pre-war and only got about 12 results, and only half of those were actual pre-war cards and all of that half were over priced buy-it-now's. So, Leon is right: BCCG should be a non issue for most pre-war collectors, unless you are like me and have a "good" prewar card that was apparently slabbed prior to the "no-prewar" rule by BCCG, which is likely a rare occurance.

T.O.

Last edited by tonyo; 02-15-2012 at 09:59 AM.