View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 06:15 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
Well, I wasn't speaking specifically of these balls. Sure that would be nice, but I wouldn't expect it to happen. But more specifically in a business sense, if someone were to responsibly make replica balls, while taking steps to prevent the wrong thing from happening when they fall into the wrong hands.. We all know that eventually they will. PSA should honestly mark any non-authentic autographs that they come across. There shouldn't be a choice. You submit a known bad auto and it either gets destroyed or marked...

How great would it be for some A-hole scammer to buy a bunch of these replica balls, hoping to flip them as real, only to find out that they've been marked. Would be even better if ebay/paypal blocked all attempts at refunds on items clearly sold as reprints or replicas.. After that, anyone caught selling a marked ball as authentic, could possibly be prosecuted.
Problem is, if an autograph is submitted to the alphabet guys (and anyone here has permission to shoot me if I ever do that) and it is bad, the owner of the autograph might have just bought it from a dealer. That dealer now owes the collector a refund. How does the collector get a refund for a destroyed autograph?
And it is only their opinion that the autograph is bad. Travis and I have pointed out many items that were INCORRECTLY deemed to be not authentic. What does someone do then, if PSA destroys an autograph (especially boxing where they seem to know nothing) that is really good?
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 01-22-2012 at 06:17 PM.