View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Default E125 Assistance Sought

Posted By: Lyman

Greetings. We are planning an article on the E125 American Caramel Die-cuts for Issue #10 of Old Cardboard magazine and need your help. Please let me know if you can add any images or insight as requested below:

1) I am trying to determine where the E125s got their hobby number. They are not listed in the last (1967) edition of the American Card Catalog. According to Lipset's Encyclopedia, they were first (re)discovered in the hobby in 1969 as documented in Richard Egan's "Handbook to U. S. Early Candy and Gum Baseball Issues." I do not have access to Egan's "Handbook" but am trying to determine if he (Egan) assigned the E125 number at that time or if it was later assigned by Bert Sugar in the Sports Collectors Bible. Can anyone verify or clarify?

2) We are planning a gallery of the 42-card set and would like to make it as complete as possible. We now have images for 39 of the 42 cards but still need scans for Home Run Baker, Ed Cicotte and Danny Murphy (best I can determine, Murphy has never been verified to exist among today's collectors). Scans of the Baker and Cicotte cards would be most welcome and allow us to display all known cards. Any knowledge of the existance of a Murphy card would also be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any information that you can provide; Old Cardboard and your fellow collectors will be glad that you did.

My best to all for the Holiday Season,
Lyman (editor@oldcardboard.com)