View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 09:39 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedin26 View Post
I've won a lot of Greg Morris auctions over the last 6 months for 1958 Topps, 1948 Bowman, and 1974-75 OPC WHA. I've got a lot for really good prices, overpaid for others that I really wanted, and have lost out on some where the prices were shockingly high. It does seem like prices are going up a bit in general but there's something to the fact that this is a seller I know I can trust and who will ship to Canada for very reasonable prices.

Surprisingly often, a card will simply get caught up in a competition between two people who really want it. I was recently in on a 1974-75 OPC WHA card in NR-Mint that was worth about $3.00. I was quite interested in obtaining it, though, so put in a $10 snipe. To my great surprise, I lost out and it went for over $13. Other instances of that card have gone for under $3 in the same grade. So, it can just be a random thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pclpads View Post
The Hogue at $256 was stunning, given all the ink schmack.
The Parnell, Hogue and Maxwell all surprised me. Like I mentioned, they look to be nice cards but I don't ever recall seeing the prices that were realized before.
Hopefully, as I need all 3 cards, these prices won't remain this lofty.