View Single Post
Old 11-13-2002, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Default ton of high dollar stuff on Ebay...

Posted By: warshawlaw

I lean towards neutrality here but since I am a wimp, I will probably just not leave any feedback on the transaction. The irksome factor really is the inconvenience. I don't think those who feel that neutral feedback is not merited really understand the amount of trouble this caused me. Look at the sequence of events:

1. The auction closed October 13th. I sent an invoice through ebay listing the total for the item, shipping and optional insurance.

2. I sent a payment reminder.

3. I sent a direct email.

4. The buyer asked me for Paypal. I said I don't take it. He then told me that payment was on the way via a MO.

5. I never got anything via snail mail so I offered to accept Paypal (despite my normal policy against it).

6. I got nothing, so I then sent the nonpaying bidder warning. He responded that payment was going out immediately. Nothing happened.

7. On November 9th I sent a "lawyer letter" stating: "Hi, I still have not received payment on this item. You can use Paypal, as indicated in my last email, provided you pay for insurance and ship to a verified address. Since we have been back and forth over this item for some time now, unfortunately, if I do not have the payment by 5:00 p.m. PST Sunday, I will void the sale, apply for a refund of the auction final value fees, and offer the card to the underbidder. If there is some circumstance that is preventing you from completing the sale, please let me know." [For me as a litigator, this is super-polite, BTW]

8. He finally responded by requesting the total again [The total was in the invoice, BTW].

9. I sent the total and was paid.

Now that the sequence of events is out there, does all that chasing merit a neutral feedback?