View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 12:16 PM
Joe P.

Default Anyone in the Area?

Just like back in the late 1980's, I tried to make a list of the known Wagners.
This was before eBay, and the everyday use of the PC.
It was fun ... It was like a baseball card family tree ... and I came up with 45 ... not bad for pre PC. ... I went to quite a few shows all over the country then, and got to meet some of the sources.

The article mentions that Russell had 497 of the known 524 ... missing 27.
Although, it is not impossible, you have to admit, that having both the Doyle error, and the Ty Cobb back can be questionable ... especially when the article is more about the history of the set, than the break down of Russell's T206 set.

We're talking about a collection that is held at the library of the University of Georgia ... that's open to the public at the U of Georgia's discretion.
Therefore, it is not a mystery, nor a secretive situation ... the information is there to be had.

I'm trying to do another baseball card family tree ... this time on the Doyle error card.

Ted, you mentioned that you have a friend that comfirmed the Doyle error, and Ty Cobb back cards.
Being that this is not a mystery, nor a secretive situation ... What is your source's name? ... Thank you.

To any of my fellow collectors in the Georgia area, or anywhere else in the country that happens to be in that area ... Please help this 78 year old geezer, that still believes in going after the facts ... by digging deep for it.

To all ... Thanks for your help.
jOE