Thread: Tango eggs
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Default Tango eggs

Posted By: B.C.Daniels

was in very poor condition but I purchased a tinker from Doug Allen in 1986 for $200.There are two Cobbs known an E-106 pose and an E-90 pose. Tony Yordan had one of them in a tin box with the lower pop models I purchased in 1987 in Willow Grove PA. Someone may know or recall Tony,he lived in PR and had a dutch accent and killer cards that all now would be museum pieces.The group Tony had is NOT part of the original letter posted from the family that doug/callows had. Who knows which if any other players tony sold that are pop one but I have a canceled check from him for a Schaeffer I paid $260 for and at the time it was the only one known! The Tinker was placed in a glass frame where you could see both sides of a 17 card (diff) group I sold in about 1995 and the guy referred to above with the probable most complete set has the cards I had in the framed group.Doug can confirm all this even though other stories are said to be the only facts or cards known. I hinted in the Rick Kohl thread that Dan Knowl had 550 of them I purchased and I paid Rick $2500 for the "finders fee" Dan not only paid me back the "fee" but tossed in a Buck Weaver and Murphy that both graded PSA 8! lastly, I still have/kept 40 Tango Egg cards to hatch on the market some day! there were about 840 total as Doug found more after all the hoopla and the family "letter" in the mid-90's. Doug and I placed an add in the SCD together and sold them together for months. Alan Silvers sold about 130 of them for me as well!

BcD