View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 08:07 AM
Al Richter

Default Test Issues

I too am disappointed Topps did not create a position for an historian that would have had access to and be commissioned to document and write about all Topps issues over the years, including the test stuff. I agree that it is not likely to happen now. Whatever Woody G knows or remembers, he does not seem to want to talk about it in detail anyway.

I have 20 of the 24 Stand Ups from 1967. There are at least two full sets represented on the Board. They are tough, but the Dice, 70 Cloth, 55 Stamps and 71 Artist's Proofs are, I think, tougher.

I think the 3 rare Current All Stars were pulled due to the ongoing early contract disputes with Bowman. I doubt they ever were actually distributed....so since I have the other 8, I prefer to consider that set complete ....out of desperation....sort of like I hope my 68 Plaq and 67 Punch Out sets are complete because the SCD checklists are wrong

You obviously have a lot of knowledge about old Topps stuff ( I am still collecting Topps to this day and think there are some interesting issues in the 70s and 80s too ), so it is great to make your acquaintance . Another poster here, Dave Hornish ( dsh) is a great resource about such stuff. He would be a great man for the Topps historical job. Have you seen his blog ?

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 08-31-2010 at 08:08 AM.