View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 07:22 AM
Frank Wakefield

1- Leave a fellow with no cell phone alone. If an 18 year old kid took money he'd otherwise spend on a cell phone and put that into an IRA, every month, year after year, think about what he'd have upon retirement. Imagine it as a huge stack of $20 bills. If I leave a $20 bill in my pants and it gets washed, it still spends; same for a cell phone? If I drop a $20 bill to the floor, it still works; same for a cell phone? I've never had a $20 bill with a wrong number on it; same for a cell phone? A $20 bill has never started ringing and interrupted something I was doing; same for a cell phone? Us old guys don't need reading glasses to use a $20 bill. A $20 bill has never started ringing and woken me up...

2- Power interruption is likely. Rerecord that message!

3- A default pin # could have still been in the answering machine, and it is possible that someone annoyed with that message, or a prankster, called you back, entered the code, and reset your message. I still think #2 is much more likely, but this is possible. Either way, rerecord and move on.

Frank W.