View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
What "objectionable actions leading to misinformation" are you talking about, Tim ?
I’m not dredging up the Nicholls that occurred two years ago. Similar situations have played out more than once since then, with the last as recent as the 2012 National. I can go into these in greater detail if you prefer, but my suggestion is that it would be to your benefit to move on rather than really drag this out.

Quote:
But DAMN it, he took my SOVEREIGN 350-only NO-PRINT list and included it into his website and did not have the professional courtesy to credit me.
Anyone comparing the checklists that you have posted on Net54 to those on our website will find that they are very different. We have a number of confirmed cards that you don’t, but most important we have a large number unconfirmed that you have confirmed. The checklists do not match. If me, or anyone else involved in the site were going to copy your work, why would we leave so much out? Why didn’t we confirm a Sovereign 350 until August of 2012 that you have had on your list since at least 2011.

Long before T206Resource.com was in the works, I spent a great deal of time looking at your checklists, adding to them and removing mistakes. This was not done for the purpose of using your work (nor was that done) but rather to help you. I passed along this information to you in the interest of collaboration.

You previously listed Doc White (Portrait) Sovereign 350 as a no-print until I advised you that it existed and shared a scan with you. I also posted a John Frill scan of an AB460 when you listed it as a no-print. When you needed 11 additional subjects to complete the Sweet Caporal 350/460 No.42OP list, I provided you scans of all eleven. I most importantly helped to remove numerous bad confirmations from your lists. Does this sound like a plagiarist? If I was copying your lists and not working on my own, how would I know about your many mistakes?

If I were going to plagiarize anyone, Ted would literally be the last person in the hobby I would consider. Beyond the known made up cards that would make me take pause, there is work like this example. In a Sweet Caporal 350/460 No.42 No OP survey I did in 2010 he confirmed 26 cards in the survey and 21 turned out to be no good. Again, why would I have any faith, to place my name, on work like that?

A big portion of the information on our site is based on the idea of print groups. This is a concept Ted has either ignored, or doesn’t understand. He’s never addressed them and his posts still reflect the concepts of the set prior to us learning about them. They are the foundation for the set and explaining its order. Whether he doesn’t understand them, doesn’t know about them or doesn’t believe they are correct, there is no way we could have copied this from him based on any premise.

Quote:
Strictly put, Tim is a PLAGIARIZER. And, in recent years he has posted stuff that he has gleaned from other Net54 members; and, has failed to give them credit.
Ted, like many of the things you post, simply putting it out there does not make it true. Anyone that has worked with me or contacted the website can attest that I go out of my way to give people credit. Every person on our contributors list can back me up on that. I have never had a Net54 member contact me and say that I took credit for their work.

Quote:
For the better part of this past year (or more), I've tried to take the "high road" and not speak out. However, Tim's continuing negative comments (unsolicited)towards me everytime I post something on T206's has to cease & desist.
Ted-A majority of the time we butt heads over baseball card issues. We are both passionate about the same baseball card set and have very different opinions about a lot of it. When you post something that I believe to be inaccurate, I respond with what I believe is correct. You don’t see this as a baseball card discussion; you see it as a personal attack. Due to the amount of bad information you put out there, it seems like I am “attacking” you personally a lot. Nothing could be further from the truth. The way you handle people taking a different position than yours ruins the discussion. Anyone who has been paying attention over the years knows that I’ve been on the high road looking down at you for a long time. So please don't play that card now. You're not a victim. I do not respond to untruths or bad information until you post it.

I acknowledged earlier in this thread that my pointing out Jim’s discovering the correlation between the Sovereign 350 apple green and the subjects they were printed with was a tad petty. But it was accurate.

I have informed you in a private email and will reiterate it here publicly. Plagiarism is a very strong accusation and something that I am not guilty of. I am warning you for the last time to cease saying that about me.

Ideally everyone would get a long and work for the greater good. I've tried moving on several times but the lies just keep on coming. They eventually get the best of me and I speak out. I'll keep them to myself moving forward and stick strictly to the card information. If that isn't accurate, I will post about it for the knowledge of other collectors.

Last edited by Abravefan11; 01-18-2013 at 06:49 PM.