View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Default PayPal gets spanked

Posted By: Kenny Cole

Ramram,

Two quick answers to your questions. If I make a "mistake" at trial, I probably don't get sued if its a judgment call. At least I probably don't lose that suit. Neither do doctors. Making a judgement call, even if it turns out poorly, isn't generally considered negligence for doctors, lawyers, or any other profession I'm aware of.

As for your concerns about doctors leaving, I wonder where they're going. They are making the same claim in practically every state. Somewhere in the world there must be a location that is just chock-full of all those doctors who are leaving or retiring early (because they can). I wonder where that mecca of medical knowledge is. Given those statements, I also wonder why most state medical associations show that the number of M.D.s admitted to practice in their respective jurisdictions keeps increasing. With everyone leaving, that doesn't make much sense to me. Must be that new math.

Also, I don't know which side of the border you live on, but if you live in Missouri, you already have those wonderful medical negligence reforms you think you so desperately need. According to Missouri's ex-Insurance Commissioner, who testifed at the hearings here, they have been in place for several years. Have they caused doctors' malpractice premiums to go down? Not according to the ex-Insurance Commissioner. Rather, just like everywhere else that has passed "reforms," they have continued to increase.

In any event, this is a tired subject. I agree that we should get back to cards.