View Single Post
Old 10-22-2017, 04:25 AM
{K.e.v.i.n_C.u.m.m.i.n.g.s}

As the saying goes, what's not to like? Over the years I have bought a dozen Old Judges from David, but none were more important than two commons I got just a little over a year ago.

I had won three Old Judge glass plate negatives from the Saco River Auction Company in January of 2015. For one (Corcoran) I already had the matching N172 pose in my collection, but I needed the N172 same-pose cards for Arundel and Cahill. Despite the fact that they are commons, they are not as easy to find when you are looking specific poses. Flash forward a year...Rob Lifson had a few lots of Old Judge commons in his Spring 2016 auction. Among the cards were the two very cards I needed. I asked Rob to pass a message on to the eventual winner in the hope of making him an offer.

The winner was, in fact, David Bryan. Long story short, Dave accepted my offer to buy the cards before he listed them on ebay. I was one very happy camper.

All of my dealings with David have been similarly smooth and easy. He's a great seller to work with.