View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 10:36 AM
Luke Lyon

Thanks for the replies everyone. Kind of made me realize that I had a preconceived notion of what people's answers would be, and not surprisingly that turned out to be an error on my part.

Ryan, I really liked your post. Your collection is incredible. And, it makes perfect sense that there are a bunch of other collectors out there doing the same thing. Just because I haven't met them doesn't mean they aren't out there.

For some weird reason, it seems like I can't just buy one card from one set and move on. I'd be a terrible type collector because I feel this need to accumulate a bunch of cards from sets I like, rather than just picking up random things that catch my eye. So branching out for me will be a pretty slow process.

I guess I just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same way. I buy and/or sell T206s everyday, so I get a constant "collecting buzz" (for lack of a better term). I'm sure if you collect all or most of the scarcest pre-war sets, you'd be able to find something to buy pretty often, but since I'm just starting with a couple non t205/t206/t207 sets, it's pretty quiet out there. One obvious solution is to keep adding to the scope of my collection so that I'm not having to be quite so patient.