View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Default mid-grade collection transition, to high-grade collection

Posted By: vetekbob

Am I the only one that feels that the original question and intent of this thread has gotten hijacked as it were? The question was about how might he go about making trades in his T206 set and what might he look for and be aware of so that he could upgrade his personal collection without losing his rear on it. The question that was asked WASNT about do you agree or disagree with population reports or even card grading for that matter and yet this thread has turned into an arguement on population reports without trying to help the author of the post for the most part. I dont feel he asked the question to start a pro or anti population report debate. He didnt state he was soley concerned about population reports. He said he was a collector in a specific grade range. Some people can collect graded cards and at the same time not care about having the very best set in the world per some grading companies standards. I tried to help the gentleman but I am too new on the set to be able to do so in the manner he asked. Is there a seasoned T206 collector that can possibly help him with some tips and sage advice in this area without using his honest question as a chance to jump on a personal bandwagon?

basicgreatguy@hotmail.com