View Single Post
Old 07-19-2015, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintagevault13 View Post
Mark,

Great topic. I like most of the choices, but voted for the Post/Jello cards. I only have Hank Aaron's Post/Jello cards at this point, but I am thinking about beginning one of the sets. These cards that came on boxes are really beginning to intrigue me. I find it very cool that kids looked for their favorites on cereal/food boxes, begged their moms to buy them, then took the time to cut out and save them. Something very "Americana" about these scenarios.
Ed, in case you were unaware of this, several of the original Post Cereal baseball card commercials await your viewing pleasure on YOUTUBE. They are extremely saturated with nostalgia. After going to Youtube, I would imagine just typing "Post Cereal baseball cards" ought to lead you to them.

If you've never availed yourself of seeing them, you really are in for a treat. When I was nearly 8, those commercials made a big impression on me. Much as I loved my Topps, they did not air kid TV commercials. I loved those Post commercials and so I guess you could say Post were the most with me. ---Brian Powell