View Single Post
Old 05-14-2005, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Default mid-grade collection transition, to high-grade collection

Posted By: vetekbob

Welcome to the board Nice to see another T206 fan on the board. I am still pretty new myself but the people here are great and they go out of their way to help one another while having fun at the same time
In response to your question, I think it depends on a few things..
1) What kind of person are you dealing with? Dealing with a fellow collector who is looking to fill in gaps in their set and not soley concerned with what a population report may say, will allow you for more of an honest trade card for card versus card for strictly dollar amount. If you are dealing with someone who is primarily a seller and the 206 set doesnt happen to be a set they collect, then they may not be able to provide you as good a trade or sell price because they have to leave room for being able to make some kind of profit on their end.
2) Are you talking about trading commons for commons or commons for Hof'ers in a higher grade?
3) What types of backs are or would be involved in possible trades or sales?
You have posed a good honest question howbeit it is a broad based question with lots of variables involved so it may be hard for the board to give any clear cut rules but I have no doubt that there are many here who can share keen insight with you better than I have feebly attempted to do. I have just started on the set my self in the mid grade range and it has been a blast so far and a lot of that has had to do with the fine people here who have given me sage advice and heads up along the way. I wish you the very best on your endeavor.
Robert

basicgreatguy@hotmail.com