View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 09:25 PM
Scott Ti3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Pineda goes down today. I hope that means the Yankees promote Chance Adams rather than complete a knee-jerk trade. At least Quintana is off the market. I did not want him.
I am sorry to see Pineda go down.. But my hope is they do go for a knee-jerk reaction and offer my Cardinals some prospects for Lance Lynn!

I am ready for the Cardinals to not be a seller per say, but make some deals that put more focus on the future rather than the now. This is just isn't a very good baseball team this year and I think we burdened with a couple of bad contracts.

I was not a fan of the Fowler signing in the off season as he has shown not to be very durable. He has only played a 140+ games in a season twice. That and he really was not much of a defensive upgrade. Seems like a good guy and a great character guy for the club house though. He is signed at $16,500,000 per year through 2021. I fear this signing is going to end up looking like the Jhonny Peralta deal deal were we got 2 years of solid production but the final 2 years we didn't get squat & gave him the ol' DFA.

Hopefully they can get something for Lynn, Oh & Rosenthal as they all are free agents at the end of the year. If not maybe give Lynn a qualifying offer and see if we can at least end up with a draft pick out of it.

I would have no issues with them dealing some of the veterans (Wainwright, Carpenter, Cecil etc) if we could fleece some desperate contenders GM for some serious hitting prospects. Feel like the team is loaded with Pitching prospects but I really don't see an impact 3-4 hole hitter in the system at this time.

I am hoping we don't part with any of the kids as they have been the lone bright spot so far this season.

Last edited by cardsfan73; 07-14-2017 at 09:26 PM.