View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
Sorry to hear about your situation, Zach. I think this happens to many of us, however, when real life priorities take precedence over our hobby. I'm always thinking about this also, and many times, I look at my collection in terms of "first sell" and "last sell." Some of this occurs when I come upon a card that I really want, but I have to sell other parts of my collection in order to be able to pay for it. The "last sell" cards tend to be my favorites or the ones that I would have a really hard time getting back because they are very rare. For example, one of my favorite cards is the 1926-29 Exhibits Ruth (Pose). I have four different color variations of this card. However, if I really needed the funds, I would probaby sell off the blue and sepia tints since these are more common colors for the card. Anyway, good luck, and hope you can still stay in the hobby to some extend and in the future, buy some of your collection back.
Gary that is exactly what I am trying to do, I am trying to hold on to my favorites and mostly releasing my post war cards. I have had to sell prewar but I am trying hard to hold on to my favorites like most of my 19th century cards. The good thing that will come out of selling these is that I will be very close to debt free.

Jake my Ebay user ID is Zook1981 http://myworld.ebay.com/zook1981. I am only allowed 100 items per month so the rest will be listing late September and those will be heavy hitter cards than these, hopefully I can just find a new job before then and they will not be sold.