View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgo71 View Post
Exactly. I'm sure an underbidder thinks the signature and dealer are both legit. Otherwise, why would they bid?

I've followed this seller's auctions for a few months and he does seem to throw some legit signatures in there. And giving the benefit of the doubt, maybe he is unknowingly selling fakes because he bought them from someone he trusts. But I don't think that's the case as the sketchy ones are always cards that unsigned are very cheap, but signed are very hard to find and worth a pretty penny to set collectors. Turn a 10-cent card into a $100 card just like that. Either way, no matter how many I thought were good, there's more than enough that raise my eyebrows to make me stay away.
I've followed him for a couple of years and he claims to get all his signatures in person. He must be best buddies with Dave Winfield, Mike Schmidt and Rickey Henderson as he is always selling them. It's funny how all his signatures are always perfect too. No smudges, no pen skips, just no issues at all.

He does sell some legit autographs but like I said, he mixes in bad. He lists a bunch of Randy Johnson's as well and he always makes the same mistake with his signature, but he always shows some old photo of him signing somewhere.

Mike Witt too. Tough signature. Not impossible by any means but the number he has sold over the years compared as a % to the total # of autographs he sells, just doesn't add up.

Like Richard said, he has been putting not a dealer in his listing for years but he seems to keep coming up with these players and he keeps selling them, so he is something more than the average Joe selling what he once collected.