View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default ok, I have a legit question about help here....

Ok, by the activity level in this forum it seems the autograph hobby is alive and well. As I always say "all collecting is good collecting" even though it's not my area of focus.

I see we have a lot of really good autograph experts and seasoned collectors here. I also see quite a few folks asking for help in ID'ing sigs as real or not. So, on the card side we always help and it's no big deal. But many of you make a living at it and charge for services otherwise. Every time I see a "help" request with "is this good?" I wonder if there is a line about giving help. Is it always ok and no one really minds, as on the card side, or is there a point where you say....ya know, this is my job and it's a service I charge for....so, sorry I can't help? I hope this question is taken the right way. I am truly just curious,. Thanks to all of our autograph guys too. And for the record there are more autograph folks signing up almost daily. And I won't say exactly who but it's some folks that have been in the hobby a long time and are well respected. I am sure they will chime in, in due time. thanks much...