View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 08:17 AM
Vincent Hecksel

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
I like album pages because they were almost always signed AT the ballpark and as such the chances of an album page with a secretarial or "clubhouse" autograph are very small because the person almost always handed the album directly to the person to be signed.

3X5 cards usually have nicer quality signatures because the player was almost always sitting down when signing them because they were sent through the mail so in general, nicer quality.

I dont like Bank Checks because there is just too much going on.

GOVT postcards are the way to go for me because they not only carry the signature but to me they tell a story too because of the date and postmark, they are usually nice quality (see above) but also have more history than just a signature to me. BUT you have to be wary of the secretarial/clubhouse issue.

I am a sucker for multi-signed albums so I have a soft spot for those so I vote, ALBUM PAGES.

Rhys
Ditto what Rhys said. But let me add that for me, just about any medium is acceptable for any item on my vintge want list. I even have a "leather cut" taken from a signed baseball. Evidently the ball had previously been displayed as such, that there were numerous holes and marks. Seller decided to "unstitch" the ball, and sell selected leather cuts from the four panels and sweetspot. Odd, but effective. And it filled one of my needs for a rarely encountered autograph. (Just don't tell Topps, otherwise they will start chopping up baseballs too).

Last edited by HexsHeroes; 09-17-2012 at 08:18 AM.