View Single Post
Old 07-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Curt

This is one of those issues that you probably just need to find the right buyer at the right time. They aren't cards in the true sense and that turns off a lot of collectors. I love that kind of stuff personally, the more obscure, the better, but then it is nearly impossible to find that way.

Any Dodger players left over from the buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
I doubt if anyone owns a compete set of these, which is over 300 cards with several of the cards updated and also includes football players, basketball players, and golfers, but I did buy a partial set which included nearly every card between 1 and 160 about 5 or so years ago for around $1,200. Every card had tape or tape residue on the corners. I bought it from a card dealer in the Dayton, Ohio area on eBay. The only reason I bought the partial set was to get the Cubs that I needed and then my plan was to sell the rest on eBay to hopefully break even. I ended up in the hole minus $300-$400 because I was disappointed in what most of the cards went for, although some went for strong prices, Clemente, Aaron, Mazeroski, Bench. I don't regret it because I would still be looking for Santo, Beckert, Kessinger, Callison, Pepitone, Pappas, Hundley, Regan to this day. I still have about forty common players that I couldn't sell for even a dollar on eBay. The red colored Bench and Perez were printed side by side on the same day, the ones that I had were still together and I sold it that way on eBay. I was disappointed what it went for, something like $50-$60. They were the only ones printed that way, it was to commemerate the two Reds being named to the 1970 All Star game.