View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Bill Gregory

Some really incredible cards coming in this month. Matt, good God, man. What can I say? I'd gladly chop off a foot, and hop around on one foot for just one of those. Two? Yikes. Your eye for great cards is only matched by your sheer aggressiveness in chasing, and acquiring what you want. Congratulations on now having two beautiful Micks.

Bob-truth be told, Erskine is one of my favorite Bums. He only had the one 20 win season, and a couple other pretty good years, but I liked him because of the things I read about him. He was one of the Dodgers that lived in the area (Bay Ridge), and when they weren't playing, it was said that Carl spent a lot of time at one of the local diamonds where kids were playing the game. He was a real positive presence in the community, and he was always encouraging the kids that were playing. How can you not like a player that does that? Those days are gone, unfortunately, but I will always have respect for Oisk. There's a really nice '53 Bowman Erskine on the current Joe's Vintage Sports Card auctions that I'm bidding on. It's in high excellent shape, well centered, beautiful eye appeal, and it's au natural. It would be a nice addition to my in progress '53 set. Once I finish the '75 Topps set, I'll hit that pretty hard.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.