Thread: B/S/T pet peeve
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Default B/S/T pet peeve

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Bob,

I agree with the flipping part of your post. If someone wants to flip a card then the BST is one avenue to do so. If someone is fortunate enough to have picked up a card cheap and wants to reap a profit then so be it. It doesn't matter if they use that profit to buy a fifth of Jack or a Cracker Jack card. That's their business. It may be distasteful to people out there but unfortunately it's just a reality of collecting these days. I wouldn't begrudge someone doing this (unless they outbid me for the card on ebay )

You had mentioned that posting "does anyone out there have any xxx's or yyy's?" is not effective. You're probably right about that but I've been fortunate in my postings because I've picked up a couple of difficult cards with the BST. One card was on my want list for a while and a couple fellow collectors helped me out with different cards. I wouldn't say that the cards were given to me by any stretch of the imagination but at least the cards were made available to me because of the BST.

Generally, I try not to bump a BST posting unless there hasn't been anything else new on the BST for a while or else if the post is getting old (a few weeks without a bump). Now if someone else bumps it then there's nothing wrong with that.

What bugs me are posts that are not related to the category in which the "ad" was placed. I think there's a catch all (EVERYTHING ELSE) category for stuff that doesn't fit in the categories provided.