View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 07:09 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Good idea! But why stop at Programs? How about entombing Hartlands, Pennants, Bobble Heads, Pinbacks and even Vintage Gloves, Bats and Trophies? There are reproductions of all these things, afterall.

I guess Pinbacks have been slabbed already, but I've never seen a slabbed Lemon Peel Ball or Crescent Padded Glove (and the time seems long overdue!)

Maybe they could even slab/grade some of the older REA, Mastro, Lelands and Hunts Catalogues. I have a few that might grade NRMT, and some that I wrote notes in, which should still garner an "authentic" rating. Once slabbed, we wont be able to flip through any of the pages, but they should be worth more money

Seriously, I have no faith in some contrived authentication company having graders that know any more than we do. This Forum should be the authentication source... and it's free!
Bravo for this post and amen, brother.
The slabbing will get out of hand at one point.
Look at comic books. I understand why some people want to slab their comics, but as so many have already said, how can you read a slabbed book.
And reading through a program is one of the joys of owning it.
Enough with the plastic tombs already, enough.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow