View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Wayne Walker

HRBAKER-seemes we see things similarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
First, as I said before, Morales et. al. are not authenticators. They are shills. Just ignore them. No one here would ever buy a Morales-certed piece, or send an item to him. Case closed. (Please.)
Agreed. I view what they do as outright fraud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
That leaves the only two actual "authenticators," PSA and JSA. They make mistakes. Everybody makes mistakes. BUT...

They hold themselves up as the experts, yet their "expertise" is nowhere near what they claim it to be. And what are they actually selling? They do not, in any way, stand behind their opinions. Empty words, and nothing more. Still, some believe they are the best thing since sliced bread, some believe they're better than nothing, and some (myself included) believe they do more harm than good.

Take your pick, and act accordingly.
You're leaning towards actual advice there, but I feel compelled to ask what advice you would give to a novice collector regarding TPAs. They may have done more harm than good (people have said the same about grading, ebay, etc.), but like those things they are here and not going anywhere for the foreseeable future. Or is there something we could do to make them go somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
I can do without 3rd party companies. Just my opinion. keith janosky
Can you expand on "do without"? Do you simply ignore any cert that an auto has, or only buy autos with no cert?

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all