View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Alan Zimmerman

I think the busch bavarian set is 1959/60. It features players from the St. Louis Hawks. Set is small in number, but large in size. Checklist is: Sihugo Green, John McCarthy, Clyde Lovellette, Bob Pettit, Cliff Hagan. The cards measure around 4" by 5". Here's a link to an old Mastro auction which shows what they look like: http://www.legendaryauctions.com/Lot...px?lotid=34906

Personally, for my set, I am missing the Pettit card.

The PSA set registry lists Sihugo Green as an SP. I don't know if that's true, as I own more Greens than any other card from the set. Maybe it's a mistake with the SP listing. I know the Sihugo Green was SP in the 1961 Essex Meats set. So much so that there's MAYBE one graded and I have never seen another one. In fact, the 1961 Essex Meats set is considered complete even without the Green. Maybe a more experienced collector can chime in.

(Shameless plug for myself: "Oh, and if you are ever interested in selling some of your duplicates from the ashland/aetna, please let me know.")

Last edited by wake.up.the.echoes; 02-18-2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: shameless plug