View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Actually.. I think you get caught up in emotion.. OVER... AND OVER.. AND OVER AGAIN. But thank you.. it is close enough for me and the majority so far because it is a logical explanation(on this card and image). Comparing the Gehrig to your images posted was not logical at all as it related to your argument. Graig actually supplied a better example. Your argument was that it was the same photo shoot yet you posted two images that were not the same photo shoot nor was your original photo close to the card IMO. That being said, you could be right but so could those who voted yes. Unless the artist documented this, we will never know unless a photo which is an exact match shows up. There could be one that is closer.. who knows.. but never an exact match IMO because of the light on face and different style hat. I also would think that the image would be published on such an important card. Again, I could be wrong. I appreciate differences of opinions(hence my poll), but I really do not know what your argument even is exactly Scott.
I'm going to ignore the baloney part of the above, and just respond to the part related to the card discussion. I'm also not going to dumb it down, as the others responding to my posts had no problem comprehending it.

For anyone else still reading - Ben is stuck on the lighting and the cap, not getting that if there is an 'exact match' photo, it would have had the same shadow and cap issue, and the artist STILL would have changed those items. These guys were not Graig Kindlers - you can tell as much by the crappy representation of Gehrig's face on that card. These artists didn't take a well-composed photo and try to improve on it by changing the player's physical orientation - at least we have no indication that they did, and it makes no sense, as composition was the photographer's job. This particular photo (Ben's) is very well-composed - no need to change anything from the forehead down, other than what made sense based on the move from b&w to color. The more I think through this, the more I am certain that Ben's photo was NOT used to create the Gehrig card.

I was actually hoping it WAS the card, but after the last few posts, I could care less. There you go, Ben - a little emotion for you