View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:53 PM

I also enjoy the original trilogy and just about anything related to it (eg. the Family Guy parody episodes, the music etc.). I thought the 3 followup movies all left much to be desired.

I don't have any children myself, but I think it's very cool that you are able to watch these movies now with your children, Matt. Who would've known, back then, that you would've had the enjoyment of seeing the same looks on their faces that you had back in 1977?

I also don't collect anything related to Star Wars. I might have a few of my original figures, but I lost the X-Wing Starfighter and TIE fighter I got for Christmas back in 1978 (see first pic).

However, a couple months ago, I won my first (and only) auction from the Topps Vault, and it happened to be Star Wars related. They were selling off the 3 original artworks that were used as the backgrounds for the Topps Star Wars stickers that were inserted into packs of cards. All were space scenes, but only 2 of the 3 had X-Wings in the painting. I thought it was a cool piece, and a nice connection to my childhood, so I couldn't resist.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Christmas 1978.jpg (17.2 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg sw.jpg (81.0 KB, 78 views)