View Single Post
Old 12-18-2023, 10:36 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lampertb View Post
Need the help of some more regular consigners, please, since I have not used either of the following options for at least a decade, so unsure of current prices, etc.
I am about to receive back from SGC the following cards:

N162 Cap Anson - it's a beater, but graded SGC Authentic
T213 Coupon Cigs common player (Bridwell) SGC 3
E90-1 American Caramel Chief Bender SGC 1.5

Would you all recommend consigning via Ebay (I'm thinking about consigning with Probstein for the 1st time) or going the auction house route, such as LOTG or something else?
Please give me advice, thank you,
Richard
I agree that BST is a good avenue, especially with Bridwell and Bender as these are not cards you want to be taking a fee from as they are not big (relatively) sales.

There's a clean comp for Bender that is recent so expectation would be 150 or less.

Bridwell has a Deans listing so that's not even worth considering. I would guess depending on looks maybe about 300ish in the current environment more or less. Maybe start higher and lower every 4 days until it goes.

Anson is a bit different as it's a card of wide interest. You could still do the BST and work down, you have Lee (Sterling) for a good auction format, or eBay may be a logical option as that is a card in lower condition that many vintage mid-range collectors may be interested in to affordably fill the spot. The sale price could very greatly on a given day, the most eyes will bring in that level of collector strongly.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.