View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 07:23 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclarkraiders View Post
I was in the process of guessing when the actual grades were posted. I was to low on all of them except Smalley which I guessed correctly and Kuzava which I guessed a 5. Giving Kuzava a 3 seems harsh to me.

Thanks for posting

Duane
Like you can see for yourself, there is no consistency when it comes to grading.
I also believed, as I have noted it many times, that newer graded cards are graded much harsher than older ones, but that is definitely not the case here.

Reading about the grading fees, the the lack of consistency, and all the other issues with TPG's has really disheartened me lately and has me thinking I'll likely never send mine in to get slabbed?

I mean, I have been trying to learn/educate myself since joining to see where my cards, especially my more valuable ones, might grade at, but I am not, especially now, in a hurry to do so.

If I could get the TPG who graded my Shea card, and if he was in the same more forgiving mood, then I might consider it, but knowing I could also get the opposite, non consistent result, then it would be a waste of money and time, imo.

I honestly can't see paying $700, or what the fee is, for my Mantle knowing it is just going to be placed in a PS-1 slab when I know I would pay a lot less for one of my commons that will, in all likelihood, grade much higher.

Just my opinion, nothing else.