View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
Shoeless Moe

I was planning on bidding a large amount on that Barrow Ball and totally forgot so you got lucky!

As a side note, Ed Barrow and Patrick Powers HATED each other and I read an account once about how they were still using Baseballs with Powers signature on them in a game (probably left over from the previous year) and Barrow found out and was SO PISSED because he hated Powers that he declared anyone using Baseballs that had Powers signature instead of his on a ball would forfeit the game.
I did get very lucky, I was going to go to $300 on it, so if u would have gone over that it'd a been yours. Thanks for the info too, I love hearing those stories from that era. I am listening to a 15 hour book on tape called The Big Bam about Ruth on my way to & from work and it is very detailed, probably 3 hours so far and he's just now joining the Red Sox.

PS - The ball does feel slightly heavier then my 1923 AL Ball, is that the dead ball era or just my mind thinking that, nonetheless I love the staining on it, (stained from tobacco? used for spitballs?), the feel of it, everything.