View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 12:14 AM
Bill Hedin

Default Thank you Carlton and Scott!

Thank you Carlton and Scott for this great thread and the article on Brimfield.
I live about 30 minutes east of there and in my younger days I'd walk the entire event for days.
My first Brimfield event was around 1977 and among my finds that first event were a Superman un-opened box, a bunch of Buckner's Gold Coin cards, some Mayos, a good amount of Tobacco cards from N-172 through T-206, a nice pile of Goudeys and a wonderful group of Hartland Statues.
I went with my Mom, Dad, brother and sister and I brought $ 1000, and had enough money to buy all these cards and memorabilia plus my Father and I split a deal on 5 turn of the century gold pocket watches! Dad and I bought and sold pocket watches for over 30 years after this event!
The greatest find from this Brimfield show was an 1888 Waltham gold pocket watch that had the Boston base ball players around the dial at various positions. My parents gave it to me in 1978 when I graduated High School.
What an incredible item!
My days get long being in the house most every day, so I rely on Net 54 for great articles such as this one to keep my spirits up. Thanks, Carlton, for your great work and thank you, Scott for your kind words and for simply being my friend. I truly thank God for such great friends as you and the rest of our great group here!
Have a great weekend!
Your Friend,
Bill Hedin