Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 06:54 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Sean, that's a good question. It's still on my 'to do' list. The problem is, that list is growing faster than I can paint. Originally, I wanted to have the thing done to display at our booth at this year's National in Chicago. But, we didn't end up getting one, since I didn't have much to show, so I guess the idea went to the back-burner. I REALLY hope I can to it soon, though. These deadball era images are just beyond inspiring.

Elm, thank you so much for the kind words - you make me blush!! As of now, there aren't any solid plans to do prints, though it's still something that my agent and I are looking into further. I think we're still just looking for the right opportunity - if there is one. But, if you'd like, you can keep an eye on my Facebook fanpage, as I'm hoping to run a contest soon to win a free painting (or maybe even two).

Regarding Mays, well to be honest, I had not thought of painting him as a Met. But I must say, now I'm a bit intrigued. The idea of him coming back to NY in the twilight of his career, and only a shadow of his former self, it could make for a great narrative. Do you have any specific moments or photos in mind?

Graig
Unfortunately, the 'best' moment that reinforces and emphasizes your point of being in the twilight of his career, etc., would be that moment in the 1973 World Series after my man Bud Harrelson was called out at the plate and Willie dropped to his knees and pleaded with the umpire to reverse his misguided call. That moment was basically the end of his career and all of us Mets fans cried that day because our team was done. The look of despair on his face is quite moving. But if you want something more positive, then a 'better' moment would be a painting of his last at-bat in that World Series (the last of his career) when he singled up the middle.

--elm