View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballdude View Post
I'll be the odd man out here. it kind of looks like a scanned image to me. If the card has a natural bow to it, like most cards, and the lid of the scanner was not lowered onto the card to flatten it out, especially if the card was scanned raw, then this is exactly what would happen. The center of the card would be sharp and the top and bottom of the card, as it curves up and away from the scanner bed, might be blurry. I've scanned my share of cards in my time and trying to lower the scanner lid down on a raw, bowed card, and keeping the card straight, is not easy. Leaving the lid up you eliminate that problem. It also speeds up scanning when you are doing large quantities of cards.
That was actually my first thought also....but, I just could not understand why someone would not put the lid down to "flatten" out the card and avoid the lack of focus. If it was a scanner that was used, the seller still had a "colored" background behind it, whatever was used for this colored background could also cause a bowed card to slide around just as the scanner's lid could cause the card to slide around(my experience at least). That was my reasoning for ruling the use of a scanner out