View Single Post
Old 02-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
David, you bit

He has successfully deflected the argument from pit bulls to the NRA. Now you have to defend your views regarding the NRA, and if you can't then that makes you wrong about pit bulls as well.

It was a correlation. Not a deflection. He said the site was non-biased because it was a non-profit. I could have chosen a 1000 different organizations that was untrue for. I chose the least subtle one I could think of that fit into our conversation about things that can kill people on a regular basis.

Whether the stats are accurate or not on that site is one thing (further research shows they are not). But to go on it and see that it's general tone consists of article after article telling us how Pit Bulls are such killers. Seems to be it's only purpose actually.

It even goes on to blame shelters and animal rights groups for an uptake in Pit Bull violence since the Michael Vick case.

No mention of the trendy practice of the media to label any snub nosed mutt, they can't figure out what breed it is...as a Pit Bull or a Pit Mix.

To say it's unbiased is laughable, all you have to do is a simple Google search on that site to see it's run by a woman who would like to have all Pit Bulls, Pit Bull mixes, and dogs with any sort of "Aggressive" blood line in them, to be sent to the gas chamber

She even gave out her coveted "Dog Warden of the Year" award to a guy who ran a high kill rate shelter, based seemingly on the fact he ran a high kill rate shelter. He was soon run out by the residents of his town because they were disgusted by his practices.

This is just one debunker of that website. Believe me there are many more out there:

http://btoellner.typepad.com/kcdogbl...gsbiteorg.html