View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 07:56 PM

Default Congrats on Teddy and Samuel, et Poker Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Directly View Post
One for the Gipper & 1907 original Teddy panorama view circuit photo.
Directly, That is some pano of Teddy Roosevelt...that's real? Not a repro? Never seen anything like it. Is that a family protrait? What are the dimensions? Congrats hecka nice piece!

kdixon, Darn that's great! Where the heck did you get it? I was at a book show about a month or so ago in S..F. and a dealer had a photo of Samuel Clemens shooting pool....I think it was like $35-$40,000.00 he had on it...

photo CoolidgeDogsPlayingPoker42X30_zpsf6acb1db.jpg
42" x 30"

photo Back-5_zps75c49272.jpg

photo waterloo_zps276f64fa.jpg

Above is a very rare jumbo sized 42" x 30" Poker Dog print on canvas by C.M. Coolidge I picked up over this last winter. I was buying a killer hockey plaque from a mall in Canada and saw it on their website...There are about like 30 different scenes Coolidge did of these poker dogs but I can not find this exact one...It's a very close variation of one called "Waterloo"...but mine has the poodle dog waitress and the lampshade is different and a few other nuances....I had to give money for it even though it needs a little restoration and cleaning....I hated to pay what they had on it but in 25 years of collecting I've never seen a large one on canvas like this so bit the bullet.