View Single Post
Old 12-14-2018, 11:00 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

I have posted in this thread a few times. Thanks to the threads on the 1970 and 1972 Topps sets, I am specifically thinking on the early 70s sets. Early on, I was advocating the purchase of complete sets and then upgrading where needed. Honestly, I wrestle with this a lot, and I can see from this thread many of you do, too. I am a budget collector and can't necessarily just jump out there and buy a complete set. Sometimes I can, but regularly, no when talking about early 1970s and on back into the 1960s.

I know that I will spend more on each set in the long run, but I will just have to be content with a few cards at a time or some larger lots minus some of the stars. Compared to some of the 50s and 60s cards and sets I have bought, the 70s material is much more affordable. So, I won't be spending as much as I go anyway. It's all for the fun of seeing those pages in the binder fill in over time anyway. I am mulling over which 70s set I might try first, and I am kind of leaning toward '71. I am just not sure if I can control my OCD with those black colored corners and edges!