View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Default Just So Tobacco Burkett Restoration Project

Posted By: Andy Baran

Thanks for your post. To respond to a few of your points:

1.) I don't plan to die, ever

2.) I see a real difference in using a period actress card from the same set vs. building up a corner. I had no interest in building up corners, borders, etc. I can understand however if others do not think this difference is substancial.

3.) There are a few of reasons why I do not plan to write "RESTORED" on the card:

- The restoration company explicitly told me that the restoration will be visible, however subtle

- The same people that are restoring the card could easily remove the word "RESTORED" from the back of the card, regardless of how it is put there

- Adding "RESTORED" on the back would not be aesthetically pleasing, which is the main reason that I am having the card restored

- To be honest, I realize that I might have to sell the card some day. I don't know if this restoration will increase or decrease the value of the card (I suspect it is neutral), but writing "RESTORED" on the back would most certainly lower its value. While my motives are not to increase the value, with the money that I spent on the card, and the cost of restoration, I couldn't afford to lose money on it.