View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 07:51 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

We have had our policy with Safeco, through my broker friend, for over 15 yrs. We have a rider for some things we own including a few pieces of jewelry. My wife lost an earring, my insurance agent said he forgot to include my rider on our last policy and it was his fault. He said he would pay for the diamond earring out of his pocket. I told him I should have known too so would split it with him (maybe 1k-2k).....I told him lets wait as maybe it will turn up. About 5 mos later, right when we were going to buy another, we found it under our piano. In Texas insurance agents are licensed (as well as other states I am sure) so dishonesty is not a good long term strategy. I guess it goes back to trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I had insurance there for 27 years or at least thought I did. I also knew my insurance agent almost my entire life. I have been friends with his younger brother since grade school. His mom even basically made me stay with her on my last trip to Sun City AZ because she did not want me wasting $ on a place to stay. Then I found out the hard way about 3 months ago I really had not had insurance for the last 5 years.

If I could have all the $ Mastro stole from people I would gladly sit the time he got.

I also know my cousin was pocketing $ from not just individual people but also businesses. All she had to do was pay back the premiums they could prove she stole.