View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 02:18 PM
Joe W.
J0seph Wi.er

Default Paypal Friends & Family

I got burned using it.

We all know we roll the dice when we use paypal f&f but if you're like me you give people the benefit of the doubt. I negotiated a price down with Canadian ebay user ballyard1-com for an unopened wax box of 91 OPC mainly because I needed the box bottom panel but I thought it would be a neat bonus to pull a mint Chipper rookie or 2. He agreed to the lower price as long as I paid direct through paypal f&f. Since I'm used to dealing with stand up collectors on this board and use paypal f&f frequently here I didn't give it a second thought. When the box arrived it felt a little light in weight so I did something I never do and recorded myself opening it. I was bummed to find that all but 4 packs had been opened and searched. All were missing the stick of gum except the same four packs. I contacted the seller and sent him the video I had recorded and asked for a full refund. He refused. I told him I would eat the return shipping cost and he said he wouldn't accept the return because he wouldn't know for sure if I hadn't gone through the packs myself. This angered me because now I felt he was pointing the finger back at me so I responded out of character sent him a not so nice response. He never replied but refunded me $20 through paypal which doesn't make the whole experience okay but at least takes a bit of the sting away.

Anyways, if someone request f&f just ask what the additional cost would be for goods and services that way as a seller their fee is covered and as a buyer you're protected if you aren't happy with what's delivered, especially if the purchase is over an amount that you consider "a lot".

Lesson learned...again.

Last edited by 4reals; 04-08-2017 at 02:19 PM.