Old 11-06-2019, 07:41 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default International

First-Class Package International Service
Retail Packages
Weight Not Over
(oz.) Price Groups1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
1–8 $10.50 $12.25 $14.25 $14.25 $14.25 $14.50 $13.75 $13.50 $14.50

For a while, I was shipping a lot of cheap cards to Canada and other countries using a small photo mailer and paying the non-machinable letter rate or by using a PWE. However, the International mailing rules changed, and now merchandise is not allowed to be sent by first class letter mail, even if you pay the non-machinable rate. So, I stopped offering International service because I didn't want a customer to get hit with a large postage due bill and then I would get hit with a neg on eBay. You also cannot ship merchandise at the flats rate, only documents.

I don't use the Global Shipping Program, so the only option now is First-Class Package International Service. Up to 8 ounces to Canada costs me $10.50, Mexico is $12.25, and other countries range from $13.50 to $14.50. This does include tracking, so it is much safer than a PWE. I have slowly started adding this service option to some of my listings, and I have started getting a few additional sales. For items over 8 ounces, the prices jump up drastically. I can't ship much in an 8 ounce package, especially if the box weighs 3 ounces or a large photo mailer weighs 2 1/2 ounces.

Here is a link to Domestic and International shipping prices.

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/notice123.htm#_c341

There is a small discount by printing the shipping labels through eBay/PayPal, and the best thing is that the shipping label also serves as the customs form by entering a little info during the process.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.