View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Default Your favorite team

Posted By: Greg Theberge

Dan,

That is an awesome photo of Jimmie.

I actually grew up and presently live in Rhode Island, about an hour's drive from Boston (and home of the Paw Sox, the triple A affiliate of the Sox). Lived in Boston for 7 years going to school there (even lived a year in Somerville!). My wife is from Medford, a town adjacent to Somerville and my mother in law grew up in the Italian North End of Boston. She even knew Anthony from the Prince Spaghetti commercials (I think only a New Englanda may even know what the heck I'm talking about there).

If you ever get out here give me a ring. There's actually a great Sports show coming up the first weekend in November, a bit north of Boston in the town of Wilmington (anybody on here going?).

That's pretty cool about your family.

Jeff, I purchased the base in a MLB auction the December after the World Series. They had a few bases, some game used balls, etc. Ugly auction, but I just had to get something to remember the year by. My wife is really into the Sox (she's glued to the t.v. as I type this) so it was a great memory of a lot of fun times we shared together that year. It's the only thing I have that isn't from before 1920 with the exception of a ball Johnny Pesky signed for us when we met him. What a great guy he is. A true gentleman.

Here's hoping the Sox don't go defunct