View Single Post
Old 04-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Todd Schultz

Default and from David Wells

[QUOTE]"A-Rod is full of [bleep], that he never heard of that," Wells told The Post from San Diego yesterday. "He has been around the game long enough to know that."
Wells watched Braden snap at Rodriguez, was aware what the lefty said after the game and agreed with Braden.

"I hated it when runners did that. I yelled at plenty of them," Wells said. "It's one thing to cross in the front of the mound before it goes up, but on top of it, that's wrong. The cleats [mess] up the mound. Pitchers don't go in front of fielders and put their spikes in the dirt.

"I totally agree [with Braden] 'Get off my mound.' I would have done the same thing with A-Rod, or anybody else. [Bleep] it."
Wells said he would even call out Jeter, but explained there is a difference between what somebody like Jeter or Bernie Williams would hear than what would pierce Rodriguez's ears.

"I would yell at Jeter. There are certain guys you would mother [bleep] and certain guys you would give a little more courtesy to, guys like Jeter and Bernie. A-Rod is not a well-liked guy," Wells said.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yanke...#ixzz0m5V1wvR7