View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Default Female buyers on EBAY

Posted By: Julie

Seriously, I have been much troubled by the bad eggs we have had occasionally posting on the board who either are, or claim to be female. Sadly, most of them turn out to be getting divorced and wanting a pile of cards (dough), or complaining that their good name has been ruined by bad feedback, or selling a phony card which she didn't know was phony because she never sold a card before. I keep hoping! But there seem to be very few females in any branch of this hobby, though Gary Engel (Prestigecollectibles) tells me there are MANY more buying Japanese cards...for themselves: old cards, new cards, cards of Japanese, cards of Americans in Japan, etc.

A fairly common sight, though, are middle-aged couples at shows, not usually interested in real old stuff, but with a reasonable amount of interest in newer stuff('50s--'60s), perhaps with with the idea of making a little extra income.

I know the discussion was about, mainly, what makes males choose female names on eBay. Hsven't the foggiest, unlkes they're beautiful, like "suesvoices."