View Single Post
Old 03-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Default question about a seller on ebay

Posted By: David Poses

I got outbid on most of the lots i bid on. i'm trying to assemble a raw t206 highlander set, so if the cards are trimmed but don't look ridiculous, i'm ok- some of them, however, are short or uneven. one corner on the warhop that closed last night was a dead giveaway- looked like the top was cut at an angle. while some of them may not be trimmed, that so many are so blatant would make me nervous if i were bidding with the hope of getting a numerical grade. there was a seller a few months ago with similar-looking t206s- he mentioned that some cards "may have been trimmed."

as obvious as some trim jobs are, i try to take people's word at face value. i bought a card from a very reputable seller a few months back- a 1940 playball common- for about $4. didn't mention that it was trimmed, it didn't occur to me that it had been trimmed- then i sold the card on ebay a few weeks ago and the buyer was convinced that it was trimmed. card sold for $2.99, so i refunded him and told him to keep the card. my point is that even though many of south-florida-heat's cards look suspicious, based on his feedback, he might not be purposely deceiving people, but that's just one man's opinion...