View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy3050 View Post
Thanks Brian ,

I am very happy with this card , the photo in the Ebay listing did not do this card justice , I'm hoping to add to my Jackie collection in the next few months , and then explain why I collect Jackie , and the connection between Jackie , his wife Rachel and members of my family in the spring , summer and fall of 1946 . I will start a Thread here on Net54 once I add a few more pieces to my collection
Guy, I too am looking forward to your thread. Take all the time you need, and I wish you the very best in your pursuit of those cards you wish to add to your Jackie Robinson collection beforehand.

A thought just occurred to me. I devoted the far majority of a chapter from my book on immediate postwar regionals to Mr. Robinson. Entitled Never Cheaper By the Dozen, a few of my customers have purchased my book solely for a particular chapter, but I know that's usually a stretch for collectors. Furthermore, the book is an E-book on a CD, to be read by inserting it into the disc drive of your computer or laptop. I just thought since you are a strong Jackie Robinson fan, you would enjoy this chapter; however, I also wanted you to know of its format. My feedback has been sparse, but positive nonetheless. I won't hound you, but thought I should at least mention it.

Take care, my fellow collecting warrior. ---Brian Powell