Thread: Cure for cancer
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 11:35 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Am I the only person who hears some variation of this from someone every week:

“You know the drug companies have a cure for cancer. They could end cancer tomorrow. But they won’t do it because there’s no money in it. That’s right. They could end cancer but it will kill their profits.”

I swear I near this once a week from some otherwise sober people. What does it say about us as a society that so many people believe in something that is so insane?
I've heard this many times before too and I completely disagree with it. If drug companies - or any company - did have a cure for cancer, then the rich and powerful would never die from this disease. Look at Steve Jobs, for example. This was a very powerful man with a lot of powerful connections around the world, and yet he died from this disease at a young age. Another example is Fred DeLuca, the founder of Subway, and multi billionaire, who fought this disease for a few years before losing to it at the age of 67.