View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 02:31 PM
ThreadKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn1661 View Post
Its been a pretty good summer for concerts for me. Started with Parmalee playing here in Lima Ohio. Tickets didn't sell real good and managed to get 11th row seats for half price. Came to $42 for the pair. After that was the Buckeye Country Superfest at Ohio Stadium Day one was A Thousand Horses, Aaron Lewis, Thomas Rhett, Lady Antebellum and Jason Aldean. Day 2 was The Swon Brothers, Jarrod Niemann, Randy Howser, Dierks Bentley, Florida Georgia Line and Luke Bryan. I have been to this show 2 years running and it is great. Aug 12 saw KISS for the 11th time. Great as always. Been my favorite band since 76. 2 weeks ago saw Kelsea Ballerini and Rascal Flatts in Lima at the county fair.. Not to impressed with her, but Rascal Flatts was excellent as always. Just got back yesterday from Lexington KY. They have a 3 day Labor Day show called Red White and Boom at the Lexington Legends minor league ballpark. We only went to day 3 which had Canaan Smith, Jon Pardi, Cole Swindell and Florida Georgia Line. All 4 bands were enjoyable. Possibly Keith Urban coming up in Oct in Toledo, wifes work permitting.

Could have seen Ted Nugent in town here last monday, but didn't. Love his music, but he needs to take a cue from the title of an old Frank Zappa album, and Shut Up And Play Your Guitar. Tickets were 60 and 70 and he only plays 11 songs. The last few days you could get them discounted on Groupon. I have seen him several times and he plays great, but enough of the political stuff. Didn't want to listen to a whole night of that, and being an election year there was a bunch of it. According the the review in the paper and what some friends told me he came out and spent the first 2 or 3 minutes bashing Obama and Hillary before he played the first note. To me, thats not a concert, it is more of a political rally. I WANT MUSIC!
agree 1000% (as if that's even possible?!)...saw Springsteen many years ago, considered taking Mom to see Streisand a few tmes, but...never saw Nugent, and while I like his MUSIC (dating back to the mid/late 1970's - I'm a 50-something) I also wouldn't appreciate all of the political BS...cut out all of the political crap and do what we (the paying ticket holders) are paying for: play your freakin' music!...I remember when I took my parents to see Little Richard in a small, local club back in the early/mid-1990's, and 2/3rds of his on-stage time was spent bitching about how the industry and in-person crowd was ripping him off w/photos/bootleg videos rather than concentrating on his music (which - when he actually played that evening - was outstanding!) as we expected, even getting vociferously bood and cutting his performance short by 1/3 or more...again, as an entertainer, STFU and play!...

in LR's case, I understand piracy laws, but STFU and PERFORM!

while I can - at least somewhat - understand individual stances on issues, - entertainers AND athletes, especially the recent (perhaps misguided?, depending on individual perspectives) opportunity to take advantage of their status/perceived self-importance - save THAT crap for interviews and op-ed articles when the target audience had minimal expectations or $$$ invested...

JMO.

DS